The Smoking & Barbecue are Different
Well believe me – our people dont have a very good idea about the difference between smoking and the barbecue. Sometimes they simply smoke stuff and try to sell it (or have it) like barbecue and sometimes barbecue is sold in the name of “Smoking”.
However, these two are quite different things. You have to understand, when it comes about barbecue it’s all smoked yet every smoked food cannot be considered as barbecue. Here are the eight most important “Rules” of smoking!
1) There are too much differences between barbecue and smoking. As I mentioned above, please don’t mix them – they are not alike. Still, for generalizing remember this rule of thumb that any barbecue could be counted in smoked food but it’s not the case with many smoked foods and we cannot call them as barbecue
2) You have to understand the flavor of smoke. It has a definite and a unique ability to let simulate familiar foods from sausages to steaks and besides this – it is too exotic as well. If smoked correctly – you would be able to enjoy juicier food and much more juicer than what we usually achieved when we go with barbecue.
3) Literally, everything could be smoked including meat, poultry, cheese, fruits and deserts. Not only could this but you also think about doing the same thing with cocktails and vegetables.
5) Go slow, go low and remember it is the right way to go. Shoulder, ribs and briskets require a very slow and steady cook at right temperatures for ending up with a smoky perfection.
6) Use unlined butcher paper when smoking beef or ribs to prevent it from moisturizing effect. Otherwise you will end up with a soggy product.
7) For more tender and juicer meat, give it a rest while working with pork, shoulder and other large cuts. After smoking, transfer them to something like an insulate cooler and give it a rest there for around an hour or two. For sure – this process will assist you in making your meat juicier.
8) To achieve the proper tenderness, overcook meat and especially parts like bellies, brisket, ribs and shoulder. To achieve best results cook to 200 t0 210 Fahrenheit. With modern equipment available on the market you can keep the temperature under a very good control.
How Wonderful Chicken Wings Are!
Chicken wings are just amazing and we Americans have every right to love them. According to an authority that keeps a track of eatables we are going to have more than 28 Billion (approximately) this year.
It shows how enthusiastic we are about chicken and about their wings particularly. Well, in my view they are made for nothing but barbecue. Chicken wings do has some very especial characteristics which makes it an ideal product to be used for smoking and in barbecues.
On the planet barbecue, chicken wings rank among the most popular bites and it’s equally popular across the world. From Africa to Asia and from Europe to North America you will found its lovers.
Their characteristics makes them the best finger food as they have a crispy and crackling skin. On their bone it exists nothing but tender, rich in flavor meat.
I myself have witnessed in Asia and particularly in India – Wings are sold vastly by street food vendors and their buyers love it. They grill it quite differently.
In their process, wings are exposed to direct fire. Wings could be used in several arrangements. You can get them cooked, you can get them smoked you can consume them for barbecues.
I personally have a different method for the handling of wings. I used to smoke and grill them indirectly. This combination ensures a crispy skin and a very prominent flavor. The special ting in my technique is the complete and deep cooking. It works like a wonder and tastes amazing as well.
The most important factor is “time” when you work with the chicken wings. Allow it to cook completely, allow it to cook deeply and don’t be quick with it.
You can end up with a much better product by proceeding in a well-planned manner. By experience I found that temperatures around, 165 degrees is optimum for their complete cooking.
So, go ahead with your plans and you can use my method that I just mentioned above. Remember, planning is the key when you go with chicken wings.
For more information you can always contact me by using the contact form here. I am kind an expert on chicken wings as I personally love them!